THIS YEAR promises to be a big year for film lovers. Intelligent thrillers Up in the Air and Inception promise to exercise the grey matter, comedy Date Night looks like the perfect date movie and remake fans can look forward to Robin Hood and The Karate Kid (yes, really) returning to the big screen, with TV favourite The A-Team joining them some time in the summer.
Fans of dumb fun will be kept busy with The Green Hornet and The Expendables and there are new instalments of Toy Story, Twilight and Shrek on the way.
2010 also has its fair share of unnecessary films, too. A remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street is out in April (surely six months too early?) and there are yet more superhero movies slated for the inevitable summer release.
Thankfully, though, there are still enough creative forces at work out there to be confident of many a celluloid fix over the coming 12 months.
Happy New Year everyone and happy viewing.
- Exes to come face to face again at the Oscars
- Razzies list is the usual mix of the bad and the really bad
- Waltz set to be a Global star
- Go easy on the robots, please
- Strong showing by our Mark
- Cameron cash in with Avatar bonanza
- Penn set to be a Stooge again
- Avatar review now online
- Happy “view” year, one and all
- KEEP QUIET… P-L-E-A-S-E